Monday, August 13, 2007
Our summer in Boston is coming to an end quickly so I figured I should post a few more pictures of some of the fun things we have been able to do since we have been out here. Ryan's parents and his brother and wife came out to visit a couple weeks ago. We had such a fun time with them and enjoyed going to Martha's Vineyard and to Newport, RI. I don't have any pictures from Martha's Vineyard right now, but hopefully I will soon because it is such a cool place. We took a ferry over in the morning and rented mopeds. We road around the entire island. It was great; however, the natives of Martha's Vineyard did not seem to enjoy the tourists on mopeds. They were kind of rude. Newport is another great town that I recommend going to if ever on the east coast. Back in the day it used to be quite the place for the wealthy to have a summer home. They have these mansions there that you can take tours through. We went through
the mansion called "The Breakers".
Here are some pictures of Ryan and I in front of it.
Ryan is working in Phoenix this week and I won't be joining him till Friday, so for our last weekend in Boston together we enjoyed going to the Museum of Fine Arts and having lunch downtown.
Here are some pictures from our trip to Palmyra. We went with my parents to the Palmyra Pageant.
These are pictures of the Sacred Grove and of the Palmyra Temple.
We also got to go into the Smith Family Home. We are standing in front of the fireplace where they believe Joseph Smith hid the plates.
This is Ryan's building! It is easy to point out because as Ryan says, "It's the only one that looks like a honeycomb"! We will miss living in Boston, but are excited to return to Utah to finish up school.
3 comments:
Wow--your summer looks incredible. I wish I could visit all of those places.
It seems like they are always looking for new people. I just talked to my boss the other day and he said he just hired two new people, but one girl was leaving so I dont know if he will hire more. When I get back up there and start work again, I can definitely ask him though! See you guys soon! Sonic??? Im having major withdrawals
Post a Comment