Thursday, May 14, 2009
Yay for Keukenhof, the Disneyland of Tulip Festivals, it is only open for 2 months during the year, and the last minute decision to head out of town to see millions of the county of Holland's biggest export (Tulips) was the best decision of the whole trip. There, I said it, Keukenhof was the #1 highlight of the entire trip.












Amsterdam: City of Canals, Bikes, and the Red Light District. Ooh La La.
We rented bikes to feel like a local.
"Look, Piper, no hands!"
We also took a canal boat tour, which was kind of lame, but unforgettable because our boat captian totally crashed into one of the walls of the canal and then blamed it on people sleeping in the back of the boat.
On first inspection of this picture of my bike, it looks like a completely innocent scene.
However, on closer inspection, it appears that a local locked their bike onto mine, leaving me with the only option of cutting them loose. I don't know if anyone stole their unlocked bike, but I was tempted to leave a "For Free" sign on it, but that Christian heart of mine got the better of me. Dang it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Your pictures from the trip are great! It looks like you guys had a blast...Amsterdam looks so pretty!!!
Your trip looked amazing and your blog post was even funnier. Okay that doesn't really make sense but I'm too tired to think it through. Ha.
Mitzi
so pretty! reminds me of "the best 2 years" :) and YAY for the shout out to rick steves! we couldn't have done europe w/out him either!
ahhh!! I LOVE Amsterdam! We spent an ENTIRE day at Keukenhof, it's amazing! We need more tulips here.
It looks like you guys had a great time. I love all the pictures. I still can't believe you got my dad to ride a bike :)
AHHHH! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!! Looks like you had a blast! Beautiful pictures. Take lots of trips before you have kids. Lots and lots. And lots.
Looks like such a fun trip! I second taking lots of trips before kids!!
Post a Comment