Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We spent our Thanksgiving this year in Gilbert. We had so much fun spending time with family, welcoming our newest nephew, Dylan, eating turkey, and most of all attending sporting events.

Our nieces Regan and Addison

Dylan just a day old.....cutest baby I have ever seen. Good job Jayme and John!


Dad Johnston, Todd and Ryan at a Coyotes Hockey game. My first NHL game ever. It was so much fun!




Same gang at the ASU vs. USC football game. Poor ASU.




One of the best parts of the game were the celebrity athlete sightings. The guy in the blue shirt is Doug Flutie. He is arguably the most famous Boston Athlete, played for Boston college and in the NFL and is most known for his "Hail Mary" against Maimi, according to Ryan and Wikipedia.
Charles Barkley also attended the game and we sat directly 20 rows up from where he was standing. Can't miss that shiny head from anywhere. Marcus Allen, who played for USC and KC Chiefs, and mystery guest were also in attendance with him.


Little Richard entertained us during halftime. It looked like he was being forced to perform at gunpoint. It was quite entertaining. All Ryan has to say is "Tootie Fruitie!"


Ryan's parents also scored 5th row tickets for the Suns game on Friday night vs. the LA Clippers. Ryan went with his brother Kyle and wife, and his father. He loved that he was able to see all his favorite players up close. Unfortunately he couldn't use flash photography so most of the pictures came out blurry.





And of course since my family also spent their Thanksgiving in Gilbert we took the annual Christmas card picture. Luckily this year we got it done with out the yearly fight that usually takes place. Good work team.

8 comments:

J said...

Ah, looks like so much fun! I really think I underestimated your "sports fanatic-ness" Im pretty impressed with your Thanksgiving sporting events.

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bert and Benton said...

Wow! That's quite the eventful weekend! I'm jealous!

Jed and Kate said...

Hi GUYS! I loved reading your new posts! I'm SO jealous that you and the Cannon's got to hang out in P-town! Looks like your Thanksgiving was lots of fun--aren't hockey games SO exciting! I think that's my favorite sport to watch live. Your Suns seats looked amazing! How fun!!!!
-Kate
PS, Piper, your hair is getting long! Are you growing it out again? It looks great!!

The Cannons said...

What a successful Thanksgiving weekend. That looked like a lot of fun. I don't like sports but watching live is always more fun. You hair looks great.
Mitzi

jayme said...

I couldn't agree more with you about Dylan! It was so much fun to see you guys. I think we should use the picture of you and Ryan at the hockey game for the family calender. It is a really good picture of both of you.

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

Finally good to hear from you, definitely had an eventful weekend, all the games Ben would have loved to attended. It is fun having a blog- and we love seeing yours and everyone else'. Seriously- we need to get everyone up and on it. Have fun in UT. Where are you going for Christmas??- we may need to have a party in G-Town!!

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

Looks like so much fun and I love that you are wearing short-sleeves. So jealous!