Sunday, October 26, 2008
Proper Apple Picking Rules for those who grew up in the West and have never been in an Orchard.
First, locate the apple you would like to pick.Second, Properly lean a ladder against the trunk of the tree, climb, and in a circular motion gently remove the apple from it's stem.
"Good Technique Katie!".......Mr. Johnny Appleseed himself.
What not to do, sit on a branch and yank out apples at random.
Climb on husband's shoulders and blindly walk through branches hoping to find some good ones.
Stand on branch, reaching with all your might to grab what could end up being a rotten apple while a loved one "watches" on in case you fall.
So this is what happens when a group of 5 adults gets to rummage around an apple orchard for an afternoon. Good wholesome awesome amazing FUN!
"I'm sad I won't be able to do this every year"....Ben
1 comments:
I love seeing you all together. You are such a cute family!
Post a Comment