Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

We had such a great day on the 4th. First we took advantage of the holiday and slept in after our long day in Victoria, then enjoyed a delicious lunch and after went and saw Hancock. I can't say that I would recommend this movie, but I truly enjoyed every minute of it and thought it was extremely entertaining, just not the best show out there. After the movie Ryan and I went kayaking (or is it canoing?) in the bay my in-laws live on. It's an interesting area where the tides go in and out a couple times a day, but that evening the tide was in, so we canoed out to a little island in the middle and back. The first time Ryan and I went kayaking we were on our Honeymoon in a 2-man kayak in the Pacific off the coast of Mexico, so the current was strong and it was really hard. I enjoyed it, but let Ryan do most of the work, so he hated it. Let's just say it took some convincing to get him out in that little boat, but it was much easier this time and we had so much fun!





As the sun set and it got darker, we decided to let of the fireworks Mom and Dad got for us. Growing up in California, I was never able to let off my own fireworks on the 4th, so this was a new experience for me. All I can say is I really missed out in my childhood because fireworks are sweet! I had so much fun lighting them off and we all got so excited and surprised with every one because we never knew what we were going to get. After we finished off our box of amateur fireworks, we sat around in the lawn chairs and enjoyed the BEST FIREWORKS I have ever seen! The houses next door to us let off the professional stuff so we just sat back and enjoyed. We were also able to look out over the Bay and enjoy everyone else's shows too. It was such a different 4th then we all have ever had and will probably be the most memorable. It was quite enchanting!


2 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

Beautiful pics! It looks like you had a blast! I agree with the not really wanting to go to Canada, but those pictures look amazing and it makes me want to go there!

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

What an idyllic place. Thanks for the tip about Hancock.