Friday, September 19, 2008

Opa!


Hello everyone. I thought I would surprise Piper and actually post again. From the looks of the picture, I am in Greece right now. KPMG flew some of their new hires to Athens for two weeks of training and we just finished up our first week. From the top of our hotel we have a great view of the city, in particular the Acropolis with the Parthenon (wikipedia those two if you get confused).


My first night out we had some gyros. Authentic ones and not the kind from Wendy's (when they used to sell gyros).


A group of us one evening walked around a little bit and saw this park with columns. It looked interesting but I have no idea what it is. I'm taking a guided tour Saturday and will let you know what it's all about.


The group of people I was training with. It was a "global training" so most of the new hires were from Europe. Our breakout group was one of 8. There are about four to five hundred of us total, I think. But a lot are headed home today. Only the Americans and Germans stay for week two.


Random site in the middle of Athens. The place is filled with sites like this. Anyway, more to come.

10 comments:

jayme said...

HI RYAN!!! We miss you, and hope you are having fun. I like the first picture, very cool.

The Cannons said...

Cool trip Ryan. I guess there are some pros to being a valuable, qualified employee in a successful, global corporation. Enjoy it for the both of us.

Scott

Kyle & Shadolyn said...

Greece looks amazing! Hope you are having fun, you will def. have to take Piper someday.

The Cannons said...

Training in Greece huh, rough life.
Mitzi

Bert and Benton said...

Training in athens, not bad. So, did you actually eat a gyro from wendy's when they had them? gross. haha. Looks amazing. Hey, I need your email address, the one I have is really old....

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

That looks like a ton of fun. We are definitely jealous you are able to tour the world for training... we just get stuck here in Denver while Ben trains on some pretty low-income, quality people. Good practice though I guess..

Unknown said...

Quite the life you guys have! Have a great time Ryan! Your house looks great! It looks like you guys are having a great time!

Jenner said...

ok, i know this is random. i knew ryan at BYU a long time ago. he was friends with my roommates who were all from gilbert, az. i found you on chelsy and rand's blog. (im from chelsy's home ward) first of all, congrats on the new job and move, great place. i was wondering if you had any contact info for the old roomies, jill lesuer, amy ? (can't remember last name right now), or jamalee pace? we lived on 50 East, right by brick oven. my name is jenner brown. you can comment on my blog, or email me at orange.emily@yahoo.com i would love to find out how they are all doing. thank you so much for any response!

Anonymous said...

Nice post Ryan. I love Global Training.

J said...

I went to the Jazz vs Suns game the other night (Preseason) and represented. I'm pretty sure this is Phoenix's year. How are you guys doing?